Good morning Class 2!
First of all, I hope everyone has had an EGG-CELLENT Easter weekend!!
Last week, I planned lots of Easter themed home learning activities for you to complete. This week, I have decided to plan home learning around a theme again which is ‘Disney’. Like last week, I have given you a choice of different activities per day that you may wish to complete. As well as this, don’t forget to be accessing Active Learn and Times Table Rockstars if you are able to.
I hope you have fun and enjoy the work! Take care and stay safe,
Please remember that there is no expectation to complete all of the activities suggested for each day - I have given you a choice of different things that you might like to try!
Here is a booklet full of lots of exciting and interesting science experiments that you might like to try whilst at home!
Monday 13th April 2020
Activity 1 – Walt Disney reading comprehension. Read the biography about the life of Walt Disney. Can you answer the questions below?
What was Walt Disney’s full name?
When was Walt Disney born?
Where was he born?
What were the names of Walt Disney’s four siblings?
How old was Walt when he and his family moved to Chicago?
What was the name of the first animated film to have sound?
Snow White became the ‘top film’ of which year?
How much did Disneyland cost to build?
What year did Walt Disney World open?
Activity 2 – Art of Animation: Learn how to draw some of your best loved characters with Disney Art of Animation classes at home! I'd love to see some of your drawings!
Activity 3 – Peter Pan wordsearch
Tuesday 14th April 2020
(Today is your last day to enter the St Matt's Easter Competition!)
Activity 1 – Retell your favourite Disney story using the storyboard template below!
Activity 3 - Make a salt dough Disney character!
You will need:
1 cupful of plain flour (about 250g)
- half a cupful of table salt (about 125g)
- half a cupful of water (about 125ml)
1. Preheat the oven to its lowest setting and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the water and stir until it comes together into a ball.
3. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and shape into your chosen model. You can roll it out and cut out shapes, numbers or letters using biscuit cutters, or make any kind of model you can think of. We made some fruit and veg shapes plus cupcakes for a teddy bear’s picnic.
4. Put your finished items on the lined baking sheet and bake for 3 hrs or until solid.
5. Leave to cool and then paint.
Wednesday 15th April 2020
Activity 1 – Design your own animal cartoon character! What does it look like? What is its name?
Activity 2 - Make a music video for one of your favourite Disney songs!
Activity 3 - Disney codebreaker
Thursday 16th April 2020
Activity 1 – Can you design your very own Theme Park? Think about the different attractions you might want to include... You can use the template below or design one freehand! I'm excited to see some of your creations!
Friday 17th April 2020
Activity 1 - Maths activities