Wednesday 5th January 2023
Happy New Year, Class 3!
I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas break with your families and I look forward to hearing your Christmas news. A huge thank you all again to all the children, ,parents and carers for the very generous Christmas gifts that myself and the other staff who work in Year 3 received.
There are lots of interesting topics to cover in the upcoming spring term and I have added all of the knowledge organisersr for you to have a look at! :)
PE lessons for the first half of spring term will be led by Warrington Wolves and will take place on a Monday each week.
Homework will continue to be given out on a Tuesday and due in the following Monday.
As always, if there are any questions, please let me know.
Monday 31st October
Welcome Back, Year 3!
I hope you have all enjoyed a restful holiday and are ready for another exciting half term. All knowledge organisers for the 2nd Autumn half term are in the folder above, as well as our Y3 Curriculum Map.
This half term we will be taking part in three skiing sessions at Chill Factore, which I know you are all very excited for! We will also be rehearsing for our class assembly this half term, and I know you'll all enjoy performing and sharing your learning with your grown ups!
A few reminders for this half term:
- Recorder tuition will continue to be on Tuesday afternoons - on the Tuesdays we are at skiing, our recorder session will be later on in the afternoon to allow for both activities.
- PE will continue to be on Wednesdays, apart from on the weeks we having skiing sessions on Tuesday, as these sessions will replace PE for those weeks.
- Reading should be recorded daily in your reading records - there is a link at the top of this page with suggested/recommended age-appropiate reading books.
- Homework will continue to be sent home on Tuesdays and will be due in the following Monday.
I am excited to hear about all of the fun things you have done over half term! :)
Monday 5th September 2022
Welcome to Year 3!
Hello Year 3,
Welcome to the juniors! I am excited to teach you this school year and know that you will enjoy all of the fun and interesting topics that we will be learning about!
Here are a few notices and reminders:
- PE - PE will be on a Wednesday afternoon this half term and will be a cricket lesson delivered by a specialist teacher. You will come into school wearing your PE kits on your PE day.
- Homework - You will receive x1 maths and x1 English homework on a Tuesday and this will be due the following Monday. You can hand your homework in at any time during the week once it is completed - there is a basket in the classroom for completed homework.
- Spellings - Each Monday, we will have a spelling lesson to introduce the spelling rule for that week. We will have a spelling quiz each Friday morning and then new spellings will be sent home each Friday too.
- Times Tables - We will practice our times tables daily in school. By the end of Year 3, you should be able to recall the 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 8x and 10x tables in any order, as well as the related division facts.
- Reading - Please record your daily reading in your home-school diary. These will be checked each Friday morning and table points will be given accordingly.
I have attached our curriculum map below which will outlines our learning over the next year. I am excited to get to know you all and hear about your summer!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask :)