Monday 6th November
Hello Class 1
Welcome back! I hope you all had a fantastic half term and are ready to return to school for yet another busy but exciting 7 weeks.
This term, we will be reading Nibbles by Emma Yarlett in English. In Maths, we will be focusing on properties of shapes and numbers within 20. In Science, we will be continuing our enquiry into how umbrellas keep us dry and in History, we will be learning all about toys and discussing whether an iPad is more fun than a skipping rope. In DT this term, we will be making delicious, tropical fruit boats. Most exciting of all though, we have our KS1 Nativity coming up, which I am sure you are all very much looking forward to.
See you in the morning!
Monday 4th September 2023
Hello Class 1
Welcome back to school! I hope you all had a fantastic summer holidays. I am very much looking forward to our year together and I know that you will enjoy all of the exciting and interesting topics that we will be learning about. Here are a few notices and reminders:
- PE will be on a Thursday afternoon this half term. Children are to come into school wearing their PE kits on their PE day.
- Lunch and snack orders will be taken in the morning as the children arrive at school. Packed lunches will go into the box next to the classroom door and water bottles will go into the baskets which are also next to the door. Fruit will be provided daily during afternoon playtime.
- The children will receive x1 maths or English homework on a Tuesday and this will be due the following Monday. Children can hand their homework in at any time during the week once it is completed. There is a basket just inside the classroom door for finished homework.
- Spellings will be sent home each Friday, ready for a spellings test the following Friday.
- Reading books will be given out on a Monday and these will be kept for 1 week. Please make sure that the children's reading books are in their bags each Monday so that they can be swapped for a new one.
- We will practice our times tables daily in school. By the end of Year 1, the children should be able to recall their 2x, 5x and 10x tables.
I have attached our curriculum map below, which outlines our learning over the next year. I can't wait to see you all in the morning and hear all about the wonderful things you have been up to.