Vision and Values at St Matthew's
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils to be confident, happy citizens.
Work Together Aim High Shine Bright
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Vision Statement: “To create and nurture a secure and caring Christian environment where every child can develop in their own faith and learning journey.”
“Let the little children come to me for it is to such as these that the Kingdom of God belongs.”
Mark 10 (14-15)
Our School Aims
Our aims are directed towards preparing each child for life beyond St Matthew’s. To accomplish this we aspire to:
- Offer an education based upon Christian aims and values.
- Develop a supportive school and classroom climate and ethos which build a sense of connectedness, focus and purpose, the acceptance of emotion and vulnerability, warm relationships and the celebration of difference.
- Provide a curriculum that is:
- relevant to each child’s experience;
- balanced across a range of experiences that make an equal contribution to the child’s development;
- broad in the range of opportunities and experiences which it provides.
- Ensure equal opportunity for every child to realise his/her maximum potential, spiritually, emotionally, physically, socially, creatively and academically.
- Develop high self-expectations and a delight in achieving, encouraging the acquisition of self-responsibility, confidence and independence in learning within a secure, happy working environment.
- Promote respect for the abilities, skills, feelings and needs of others; help children to respect how people are different and celebrate diversity.
- Prepare each child for the opportunities and responsibilities of adult life, enabling them to make a positive contribution to society.