Wednesday 4th January 2023
Welcome back Class 2! I hope you have enjoyed a lovely, enjoyable Christmas holiday with your families and are looking forward to the term ahead. We have lots of new and exciting topics that we will be exploring and learning about over the next few weeks.
In science, we will begin our topic on materials and their properties and in history we will be learning all about The Great Fire of London. Our shine bright experience for history this half term will be a visit to Weaver Hall - more details to follow!
A reminder that our PE day is now a Wednesday and not a Thursday.
You will be able to find our knowledge organisers for this half term in the folders above!
Monday 31st October 2022
Hello Class 2!
I hope you have all enjoyed a lovely, restful holiday and are ready for another exciting (and busy!) half term. You will find your knowledge organisers in the folder above as well as our Y2 curriculum map which outlines our learning over the next few weeks. We will soon begin our preparations for the KS1 Nativity which I know you are all very much looking forward to!
A few reminders for this half term:
- PE will continue to be on Thursday afternoons. Please ensure you come into school wearing your PE kit on this day.
- Reading should be recorded daily in your yellow reading records. There is a link at the top of this page with suggested/recommended age-appropiate reading books.
- Homework will be sent home on Tuesdays and due the following Monday (including spellings).
I am excited to hear about all of the wonderful things you have done over half term!
Monday 5th September 2022
Hello Class 2,
Welcome back to school! I am so excited for the next year and know that you will enjoy all of the fun and interesting topics that we will be learning about! Here are a few notices and reminders:
- PE will be on a Thursday afternoon this half term. Children are to come into school wearing their PE kits on their PE day.
- Lunch and toast orders will be taken in the morning as the children arrive at school. Packed lunches and water bottles can be kept on the trolley outside the classroom. Fruit will be provided daily during afternoon playtime.
- The children will receive x1 maths and x1 English homework on a Tuesday and this will be due the following Monday. Children can hand their homework in at any time during the week once it is completed. There is a basket outside the classroom for finished homework.
- Spellings will be sent home at the start of this half term in and we will have a short spelling quiz each Monday.
- We will practice our times tables daily in school. By the end of Year 2, the children should be able to recall their 2x, 3x, 5x and 10x tables in any order as well as identify related division facts.
- Please record your reading daily in your reading records. Myself and Mrs Marshall will check through these weekly.
I have attached our curriculum map at the top of this page which will outlines our learning over the next year. I am super excited to see you all this week and hear about your wonderful summer holidays!