Monday 4th September 2023
Hello Class 2,
Welcome back to school! We are so excited for the next year and know that you will enjoy all of the fun and interesting topics that we will be learning about! Here are a few notices and reminders:
- PE will be on a Tuesday afternoon this half term. Children should come into school wearing their PE kits on their PE day.
- Lunch and toast orders will be taken in the morning as the children arrive at school. Packed lunches and water bottles can be kept on the trolley outside the classroom. Fruit will be provided daily during afternoon playtime.
- The children will receive x1 maths and x1 English homework on a Tuesday and this will be due the following Monday. Children can hand their homework in at any time during the week once it is completed. There is a basket outside the classroom for finished homework.
- Spellings will be sent home at the start of this half term in and we will have a short spelling quiz each Monday.
- We will practice our times tables daily in school. By the end of Year 2, the children should be able to recall their 2x, 3x, 5x and 10x tables in any order as well as identify related division facts.
- Please record your reading daily in your reading records. Myself and Mrs Marshall will check through these weekly.
We have attached our curriculum map at the top of this page which will outlines our learning over the next year. We are both super excited to see you all this week and hear about your wonderful summer holidays!
Miss Hill and Mrs Pawson