St Matthew's SEND - Implement
At St Matthew’s, every teacher is a teacher of SEND. Our provision is enhanced by the collaboration of teachers, senior leaders, the SENDCo, support staff, external agencies, parents and most importantly the child.
Pupils with SEND will:
- Be included in all aspects of the school day,
- Be respected and acknowledged,
- Be given equal enrichment opportunities,
- Be provided with first quality teaching, adapted to meet their individual needs,
- Be supported with the transition to a new class each year to ensure they feel supported and prepared for change,
- Be taught by teachers who have a solid understanding of their needs, and how to meet their needs, through effective communication of school staff,
- Be represented across the school in roles of responsibility, extra-curricular clubs, school sports teams and through meaningful contributions to wider aspects of the school,
- Have a Personalised Learning Plan in place that is reviewed and updated termly.
Pupils with SEND may:
- Have specific 1:1 or group support to support them in accessing different areas of the curriculum,
- Participate in targeted learning interventions led by a teaching assistant as outlined in their Learning Plan,
- Receive additional support from external agencies and professionals, such as: Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Educational Psychologists, Community Paediatricians, School Heath Advisors and Warrington’s Child Development Centre.