Hello Class 5!
Welcome back to school, we hope you have had a lovely holiday.
Below are a few important things to know for this year:
In Year 5, you should be reading for a minimum of 30 minutes each day. Please record what you have read each evening in your diary.
Homework will be on-going and will be sent home on a weekly basis.
- ENGLISH - English comprehension and grammar homework will be sent home on a Wednesday and will be due no later than the following Tuesday.
- MATHS - Maths homework will be sent home on a Wednesday and will be due no later than the following Tuesday.
- READING - Reading should be recorded each evening in your diaries.
- TOPIC - There will be a topic homework every half term.
- SPELLINGS/MENTAL MATHS - You will be tested on 10 spelling words and have a times table test once a week on a Friday.
PE will take place on Wednesday afternoons this half term. However, please make sure you have your PE kit in school each day in the event that there are any last minute timetable changes...
As part of our Year 5 music curriculum, you will receive weekly guitar lessons. These will take place once a week. (Dates to be confirmed.) The guitars will be provided for you ... but you can use your own if you have one!
Mrs Smith and Mrs Pawson