SNOW PLAN - PROCEDURE FOR EXTREME INCLEMENT WEATHER
Our school will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- Insufficient numbers of staff are able to come in to keep the school running safely
- Conditions on site are dangerous
- Conditions are considered to be, or are anticipated to later become, too hazardous for travel
In the advent of weather conditions either being forecast, or through the day appearing to create a barrier to entry to/exit from school, these are the steps that will be taken:
- Head teacher will liaise with the Local Authority and Chair of Governors and a joint decision will be made whether school should be open or not, based on Health and Safety requirements, risk and access to school and surrounding areas.
- The decision to open school, or not, will be communicated to staff and communicated to parents via our school website, text messaging and Local Authority and local media websites.
- Decisions will be communicated 3pm each subsequent day, following inspection of our school site and access.