Wednesday 18th March 2020
Parents & Carers
CORONAVIRUS – UPDATE
I hope you and your family are keeping well. These are unprecedented times and I would like to reassure you that we are taking measures and realistic actions to ensure that we are doing our upmost to keep your child physically safe and we are also doing our best to ensure their mental health and well-being is as positive as it can be during this challenging time.
Until we are directly advised to close by the local Public Health England Health Protection Team, we plan to remain open and are putting extra precautions in place to protect children and staff from the risk of infection.
I am writing to you to give you further information about how we are dealing with the key issues surrounding the COVID 19 virus:-
- We have established a daily briefing meeting to ensure we have the latest available information from Public Health England and Warrington Borough Council and we are sharing this information with you daily on our school website and will advise you about any changes that affect children and families here -
- We are also communicating with you via the usual email and notification system and by our school newsletter
- We have cancelled, or postponed non-essential meetings – where we can we will do business in a different way, rather than a face-to-face meeting
- We have cancelled, or postponed some school events to which parents and our local community were invited (e.g. class assemblies) – please see newsletter
- We have cancelled all trips (e.g. Class R’s visit to Manchester Airport) until May 2020
- We have reviewed our after school provision and, in line with the other schools in our local cluster, have made the decision to continue to offer after school clubs run by ‘outside providers’. We will continue to regularly review this provision and will keep you informed of any changes so that you can make alternative child-care arrangements if necessary
- We are cleaning and disinfecting regularly touched objects and surfaces more often than usual using our cleaning products
- We are supervising children to ensure they wash their hands for 20 seconds - more often than usual - with soap and water or hand sanitizer and we are reminding them to catch coughs and sneezes in tissues
- We are talking to children about coronavirus in a calm and age-appropriate way, using reliable sources (eg BBC Newsround, First News)
- If we hear pupils (or parents) spreading rumours or misinformation about coronavirus, we will challenge it
Please take care everyone and stay safe.
Mrs H Fryman