My name is Dave and I am privileged and honoured to have the opportunity to share my passion of sport to everybody connected to St Matthews Primary School. I have worked with many of the children at the school and, if you have not received any sports coaching from me yet I am certain you will by the end of the school year.
The one, single, overwhelming contributor to my enjoyment of working at St Matthews is the warm, welcoming, supportive & positive reactions that I receive from all the children, staff & parents. For this, I thank you all.
This said, I would like to tell you a little more about me:
Dave Earnden Coaching is more than just a provider of Sport & PE, it is a belief. A belief that they will provide opportunity, create pathways and develop confidence in all those who immerse themselves in sport. Participants, Learners, Coaches, Teachers & Volunteers are all at the heart of their ethos and company mantra -'Play. Enjoy. Learn. Improve. Compete'.
Dave has been coaching young people for over 15 years and has enjoyed learning his trade at places such as Manchester United Soccer Schools, LA Galaxy and Liverpool John Moores University. His own development has seen him gain many Level 2 Certificates in Coaching, a 1st class Degree in Sport & PE and received mentoring from John Sheils (MUSS) and Jurgen Klinnsman.
· Favourite sport: Handball
· Favourite colour: Blue
· Favourite country: Menorca & Thailand
· Favourite food: Homemade Italian spaghetti & meatballs
· Favourite drink: Water
· My sporting hero: Sir Bobby Robson
· Favourite Band: Red Hot Chilli Peppers (anything rock really!!)
5 Things you may not know:
1. I play the guitar (a novice)
2. I spent 7 years travelling the world (coaching sport in many countries)
3. I turned down a PhD placement with The FA to pursue my career and passion working with children.
4. I fulfilled a dream of mine by playing an 11 a side football match at Old Trafford