Happy and healthy children do better in school and they need happy and healthy staff to help them thrive.
Staff well-being at St Matthew's is a vitally important aspect of the whole school approach.
There are many initiatives the school uses to help maintain a good work-life balance:
- Regular car valets organised for staff.
- Pilates lessons are held for staff before school once a week with a qualified Pilates teacher.
- When possible, meetings are arranged during the school day rather than after school.
- Food is provided for staff during any training day or twilight meetings.
- The school accesses a counselling service to help support anyone who needs any additional emotional support.
- We have a Safeguarding Team that meet regularly to discuss and reflect on our well-being practices.